Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dynamic Poses

I've continued with the drawing poses by using the drawing tool at PixelLovely.com thanks to Sycra for this.  These are some of the results I was getting while using that tool.




The poses varied from 30 sec - 2-5min long and I was able to get good practice with those.  Its also a great place for reference images since your not tied in to an specific image and can jump around for what your looking for.  

I also tried David Finch's approach to figure drawing using a Gnomon dvd he created.  I've had it since last summer but hadn't really gone over it. >.<

These are some of the results I got from following that.  I only was able to go thru around 15-20min of video so far but I really like his approach and looking forward to finish seeing the whole dvd.




 So thanks for stopping by and I'll post some more stuff as I go along.  :)

Cya soon and enjoy the rest of your week.






2 comments:

  1. Now this is a reference site that I should use! I often search around for poses to practice as I do need to practice more. Oh need to practice hands and feet as well haha. Love the motion in these sketches. My fave is the 4th one, seems like a pose I'd struggle a lot with haha.

    Ciao Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again, yes the site is awesome. There are two other websites that do the same thing one is called lovecastle and the other posemaniacs. They'res a link to these on Sycras website on his resources page. Sycra.net. And i think he has a video on youtube about hands as well :) his channel is called sycra. Theres also markcrilley on youtube and he does tutorials on drawing as well i believe he is a manga artist. Im pretty sure he also has a hands and feet video tutorial. :) thanks for the comment

    Take care

    ReplyDelete